Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog # 4.

Omadai Rajahlall
Dr. McCormick
ENG 101
Blog # 4
Happiness and Work.
Working is one of the most important aspects that contribute towards my happiness. Working is the main reason for all my development in life. The word ‘work’ itself sounds like something that is difficult and not fun, but I think it is up to us to make it fun and something that is positive in our life because it is. It adds meaning to our life. In every job there are difficulties and problems, but these things are responsible for making us stronger. However, I am very comfortable and satisfied with my work and enjoyed it a lot. I worked at the airport and customer service is an important part of my job description. There are many reasons why I enjoyed my work and why I find it interesting and fun. These things help me to be a happier person.
My work is the main contribution for me to work towards achieving my goals and provides me with a presentable income at the end of the week. My dream job is to become a registered nurse, and working has been the greatest support towards that. My managers have also been very supportive and understanding by giving me the time to go to school. My weekly salary helps with most of my financial needs and provides for me and my family. Work has been an amazing experience; it is a feeling of being independent and responsible. It prepares me to become some better. I believed that my work is a good therapy which helps to keep my mind occupied from any worries or stress. It also keeps me very active and I see it as a form of exercise. I make happiness a priority at my work because it makes my job more fun, which makes my life happier. In addition, I enjoyed the communication and socialization with the passengers from different part of this world. Almost every day I would learn something new from these passengers. I have learned how to judge someone’s personality easily, or what kind of mood they are in by dealing with them daily. This is something I find interesting and I enjoyed, I also learned very well how to handle a difficult person because I deal with these situations every day. Working prevents me from getting into activities that are not productive and helps my day to get by easier and faster.
Working gives meaning, purpose and fulfillment to my life. Happiness is something everyone seeks, and my job is a main and an important reason for bringing more happiness in my life. It increases the quality of my life. Without a job my life would be meaningless, unhappy and depressing. Work and happiness is the essence for making my life worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment